Sunday, December 5, 2010

Best Holiday Season.....Ever

This Holiday season is turning out to be the best ever. I'm sure the older Ryder gets, the better the Holidays will get too. All the excitement makes me feel like a kid again! This is the first year that Ryder has really been into everything. Last year he could have cared less, he was scared of santa, and didn't really notice the lights and decorations. This year he is excited about santa, LOVES the lights and decorations, and LOVES presents! ! ! !
We started our Holiday out with a bang on the Polar Express and still have a packed schedule until Christmas. I told J not to plan anything, as I had lots for us to do.

We put our tree up a couple weeks ago and surprisingly Ryder loves it and has been super good about not messing with my ornaments. I was warned several times by J that I would for sure lose at least a couple ornaments due the to little tornado known as Ryder. He has been super good. He helped decorate the tree by handing me ornaments to hang saying "Take this Mommy." I instructed him not to touch the ornaments on the tree so when he sees one that he wants a closer look at he says "show me Mommy." Such a good boy. I have a few "magic" ornaments that sing or light up, Ryder's favorite....The little train, with the push of a button the little town lights up and a tiny train drives around. He literally spent hours at the tree the first couple days just pushing that button.
I started collecting Hallmark ornaments about 5 years ago. I finally have a pretty good collection, so the tree is looking great this year. I go the day after Christmas when they are on clearance and shop, shop, shop. Well the past few years J has been giving me trouble and kinda complaining about my ornament obsession. I would always tell him that one day we will have kids and they will love all my ornaments. This year I could finally say "I told you so!" Ryder loves looking at all the cute ornaments as much as I do! ! ! I can't wait to buy more this year.




Pushing the button to make the train GO! ! ! !




Choo! Choo!




Checking out his tree!


Last night we went to the Goodyear Ballpark for Holidays at the Homeplate. The best part of this event....the bounce houses. I am sure that when Ryder steps into a bounce house he turns into his alter ego, who must be Nacho Libre! ! ! Ha! He finds a kid who is twice his size and continues to tackle him. I mean full on throws his arms around these kids and pulls them to the ground. He does it over and over again. It's all in great fun since both Ryder and his large victim will be laughing the whole time. He did this at the pumpkin patch bounce house and again tonight! ! ! I'm glad J was here this time to witness his little tough guy! ! ! We were just cracking up :)



Bounce House FUN! ! !




Climbing up the ladder, we weren't sure if he would make it on his own. He did such a good job. We were at the bottom cheering him on the whole way! !




Going down the BIG slide all by hisself! Go Big Boy!

2 comments:

  1. AGREE! Having kiddos around makes the holiday that much more fun! We are trying to cram in Christmas fun every day! Glad Ryder is enjoying the season too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was wondering if you have that "family" Christmas party planned yet???? LOL

    ReplyDelete