Tuesday, September 21, 2010

August Camping


We finished out camping season with a bang! We took our last camping trip for the year (at least until dunes season begins) at the end of August. It was a nice long trip and even though I thought that I would get sick of being out there for so long, I loved it! Fresh air, camp fires, family time, smores, rhino rides, picnics, what more could a girl ask for!?

Some FUN facts about our trip:

*We celebrated J's birthday and grandma's birthday in the woods. My mom brought a homemade apple cake, so good! With all of the birthday exictement going on Ryder said "Happy Birthday!" for the 1st time. So cute, my mom loved it!

*Ryder discovered his pockets for the 1st time. He walked around with his hands in his pockets like a big boy and was putting all kinds of boy treasures in them like rocks and sticks and dirt!

*Our daily schedule pretty much consisted of wake up, have breakfast, play, have lunch, take nap, wake up, go for a looooong rhino ride, have dinner, bathtime, bedtime....no wonder I love camping so much!

*J was actually hunting this trip. He's developed an interest in bow hunting, so he would go out super early in the morning and just before dark at night. I was a little scared about being at camp alone, but I did OK, afterall I had my guard dog with me. He didn't have any luck, but I'm sure he will get better with time and the hundreds of hours of hunting shows he's been watching since we got home. Ryder called daddy's hunting bow "the boat"

*We had visitors come and go. J's friend Brad came up a couple days to hunt. Our friends the Rayburn's came up a couple days to camp and my parents came for a couple days.

*The weather was beautiful....most of the time. It rained really hard 2 days that we were there. Our friends were staying in a tent that flooded, so we had a big slumber party in our trailer that night. To keep the kids occupied while stuck in the trailer we played Winnie the Pooh DVD's and fed them nutter butters:) !

*We found our camping spot on our trip in July. It was the best spot we have ever stayed in, our trailer was in the shade trees all day and there was a huge grassy area that Ryder could run and play in. This camping spot is now "our spot" and we plan to return every year!



























LOVE his faces! !
























The Rayburns









Having some birthday cake with grandma :)














No comments:

Post a Comment